Download 1998 Achievements as a .PDF
Events are in reverse-chronlogical order.
- RLG agrees to support weekly updates
to the AMICO database in 1999.
- The California Digital Library agrees
in principle to develop an application to distribute the AMICO Library.
- AMICO receives its first royalty check
from Research Library Group (RLG) on behalf of the University Testbed participants.
Actual income exceeds budget.
- AMICO is granted 501 (c) 3 status from
the Internal Revenue Service.
- AMICO and IUPUI are awarded an Institute
of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) grant to investigate AMICO Library
distribution to K-12 schools and public libraries in 1999-2001.
- The Executive Committee of AMICO approves
AMICO staffing plan. Appointment of an Executive Director, Director of Strategy
and Research, and Director of Technology are made.
- The public AMICO web site launches on
September 1 st , including a Thumbnail Catalog of all works in The AMICO
- The Library of Congress in Washington,
DC joins as an AMICO member.
- AMICO and RLG release the Testbed AMICO
Library on August 24 th .
- The Frick Collection and Research Library,
New York, NY and the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY join AMICO.
- Preview edition of The AMICO Library
released for University Testbed participants.
- Application submitted to the National
Science Foundation's Digital Libraries II grant competition.
- AMICO receives a Mellon Foundation planning
grant of $45,000.
- AMICO Board meets in Worcester, MA, and
- AMICO incorporates as an independent,
membership organization, separate from the AAMD.
- AMICO Library University Agreements returned
by Testbed participants.
- Presentation describing AMICO at Committee
on Fair Use (CONFU).
- University Testbed Participants' Web
- AMICO Library data delivered to the Research
Libraries Group (RLG)
- Publication in RLG News of "Bringing
Art Museum Images to the Classroom", Spring,1998 features the University
- Presentation on University Testbed at
the Coalition for Networked Information, Washington, DC.
- Presentation on AMICO at Visual Resources
Association/Art Libraries Association (VRA/ARLIS), March 7, 1998 explains
AMICO to those responsible for looking after image collections in universities
- University Testbed Participants announced.
- Panel Discussion by Stephanie Stebich,
Cleveland Museum of Art, Peter Walsh, Davis Museum and Cultural Center,
Wellesley College and Susan Chun, College Art Association, Toronto, February
- University Testbed Participants Announced.
- First AMICO Board meeting held. Executive
- Members submit full list of AMICO Library
- First Contributions to The AMICO Library
made by members.