Download 1997 Achievements as a .PDF
Events are in reverse-chronlogical order.
- University testbed objectives refined
and outlined, and propoals reviewed.
- AMICO data collection infrastructure
put in place.
- Distribution contract negotiated.
- Publication of J. Trant and D. Bearman,
"The Art Museum Image Consortium: Licensing Museum Digital Documentation
for Educational Use," Spectra, Fall 1997.
- Legal review of all license agreements
- Members send sample data and descriptions
of contributions to AMICO.
- AMICO shares description of AMICO Library
with potential users.
- Call for Participation in University
- AMICO information session at MCN in St.
Louis. Technical and Users Committee meetings take place.
- AMICO's organizational meeting held at
the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Membership Agreements signed and returned
by all founding members; AMICO established as an organization.
- Membership Agreements drafted.
- Invitations to join AMICO Sent to all
- Core Content Requirements drafted.
- Planning meeting held at The Cleveland
Museum of Art.
- Framework for all licenses discussed
- Framework for information collection
and distribution agreed.
- Planning meeting held at the Minneapolis
Institute of the Arts.
- Framework for collaboration explored.
- Membership Agreement drafted and circulated
- Online discussion of terms and conditions
of collaboration continues.
- Report made to the AAMD Trustees on plans
to develop consortium.
- Draft licenses, based on MESL principles,
circulated for comment.
- Not for Profit Briefing held following
planning meeting to encourage community involvement and input.
- First planning meeting held in conjunction
with the Museums and the Web conference in Los Angeles.
- Prospects for collaboration explored,
draft documents reviewed, and potential future agenda agreed.
- Discussion documents drafted and circulated
- Online introductions of meeting participants
- Invitations to attend planning meeting
issued, and private web site set up.