Note: The AMICO
Data Specification is comprised of:
A. Text Record Specification (this
B. Related Image and Multimedia
C. AMICO Data Dictionary
The following specifications apply to all structured text
records contributed to the AMICO Library, as specified in the AMICO
- File Format
- Data file must be in the ASCII
Field Tags and Delimiters
- The character set must be ISO
8859-1 Latin 1 Standard.
- Each field should be preceded
by its three character tag.
- The field delimiter }~ occurs
at the end of each field
- Repeating groups of fields
should be preceded by the three character group tag, followed directly
by the field delimiter }~ No data is contained in the group tag.
- Each field within a group should
be preceded by a tag and followed by the field delimiter.
Fields with No Data
- The record delimiter | occur
s at the end of a record.
- Subsequent records begin on a new line in the
- Fields, other than group fields,
with no data may be omitted from the record. Field tags may appear
with no data, unless data is required.
Use of HTML
- Fields may appear in any order
in the record, provided that Group fields appear following their group
- The Paragraph <P> </P>,
Bold <B> </B> and Italic <I> </I> tags may
be included in AMICO Library Records.
a sample catalog record in text output format.
See other parts of the AMICO